Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about The Lofts apartments? Search for an answer among the following FAQs.
- Are pets allowed?
- The Lofts is not pet friendly.
- Can I pay my bill with a credit card and is there an extra charge?
- You can make payments online with a credit card. There are transaction fees that apply with the use of a credit card and it is a percentage based off the amount of the transaction. You will be shown the convenience fee when making the payment and have to agree to the extra fee before the payment is processed.
- Can I request a specific apartment or roommates?
- We will do the best to accommodate specific apartment requests, but it can never be guaranteed. Requests are filled based on the date the application is completed and we base preferences on first come, first serve basis. You will need to request your roommates upon completion of your roommate matching card (during the application process) and we will do our best to ensure you are with that person.
- How are roommates matched?
- We have partnered with RoomSync to provide a modern matching platform where residents choose their own roommates. After you complete the leasing process you will be emailed a link to join our RoomSync network. You will then log in to RoomSync using Facebook, create a matching profile, and begin your search to find your new best friend - or roommate for starters. If you already have a roommate in mind, you can confirm your roommate request within RoomSync.
- How are rooms assigned?
- Residents who already have preferred roommates can confirm their roommate match requests using RoomSync, our roommate matching platform. If they do not already have a roommate, residents will search for and choose their own roommate using RoomSync. Residents will be able to communicate with each other during and after the selection process. In the event that potential roommates discover that they are no longer compatible, they can request a different roommate and we will do our best to accommodate any change request. To provide sufficient time and the greatest opportunity for residents to find the perfect roommate, they should apply and sign a lease as early as possible.
- If I am over 21, do I need to have a guarantor?
Yes. All leases are required to have a guarantor. If an approved guarantor cannot be obtained, EdR Management, Inc. will accept a deposit of one and a half (1.5) month's rent.
- Is parking available?
- Yes we have free parking for our residents and guests. Optional reserved uncovered and covered spots are available for an addtional cost.
- What size are the beds?
- The beds are full size extra-long. We recommend queen size sheets, although full size extra-long can be special ordered through some retailers.
- Can additional furniture be brought into the apartment?
You can bring additional furniture if you would like. You may be responsible for storing furniture provided by The Lofts based on the needs of the property.
- When is my first payment due?
Your first rental installment will be due on July 15, 2017. Your next installment will not be due until September 1, 2017 and will be due on the 1st of the month each month going forward through July 2018.
- What if I need to cancel my lease?
- Unfortunately, there is no way to cancel your lease. The lease agreement is legally binding. You can go through the lease assignment process as outlined in the lease agreement. There is a $400 fee associated with this process. We encourage you to contact our Assistant Community Manager if you feel you need assistance or more information on this process.
- What is an individual lease?
- An individual lease means that you are only responsible for your rental installment and not the rent of your roommate (if in a 2, 3 or 4 bedroom unit). With an individual lease, you have the rights to joint use of the common spaces and then individual rights to your bedroom and bathroom.
- What types of apartments and rooms are available?
- We have 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom apartments available
- What types of leases are available?
12 month leases.
- When can I move in?
Our move in date is August 19, 2017. No early move in’s will be promised.
- Will you send me a bill each month for rent?
- We do not send rental invoices or reminders. It is the responsibility of the tenant to remember when rent is due and make the appropriate installment payment.